A Brooklyn man announced Sunday he has reached twice the amount of money he needed for skin-removal surgery after losing half his body weight.
After receiving lap band surgery six years ago, 22-year-old Matt Diaz has lost 270 pounds, according to New York TV station WPIX.
But the extreme weight lost left Diaz with excess folds of skin all over his body, the station reported.
In an effort to raise the $20,000 needed for surgery, the 22-year-old posted a graphic and emotion video on Tumblr, exposing his body and detailing his personal battle with his body image.
“I think it’s important that I’m not ashamed about who I am because I worked really hard to get here,” Diaz said in the video. “And I still don’t have the body that I want but I’m trying really hard to love myself.”
Diaz’ GoFundMe Page with an initial goal of $20,000 had reached 55,000 by Monday afternoon.
According to WPIX, Diaz was set to meet with plastic surgeons this week.
He told the station that any money left over from the surgery would be donated to others suffering with the same problem.
Read more ...
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario